The County Agricultural Investment Program (CAIP) provides Kentucky agricultural producers cost-share assistance on practices that increase net farm income and opportunities to try new, innovative technologies or systems that improve farm efficiency and productivity.

The program is made possible by the Kentucky Agricultural Development Fund through the Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement & The Kentucky Department of Agriculture. The Jefferson County Conservation District handles applications for this program and distributes the funding for Jefferson County.

KADF logo_2color.jpeg

Not currently accepting applications.

Application window opening soon.

Make sure to sign up for our newsletter or connect with us on social media for updates.


Can I apply for CAIP?

If you run a production farm or garden in Jefferson County, you can apply.

You need a Farm Serial Number and an Agriculture Water Quality Plan. Scroll down for instructions or contact us for assistance at

CAIP is a 50/50 cost share reimbursement program that will award up to $5,000 on projects that cost $10,000 or more. Because funding is limited, the amount of accepted applicants will determine how much funding each project receives.

Scroll down to see a complete list of investment areas that are covered by this program.

 How do I apply for CAIP?

Already have a Farm Serial Number and Ag Water Quality Plan? Scroll to step 3.

1. Register for a Farm Serial Number (FSN): 


Submit a copy of the deed and plat along with a Customer Data Worksheet to the Shelbyville FSA office. 

You can get a copy of the Customer Data Worksheet from the FSA office or download it here.

Tenant Farmers:

Ask the property owner to follow the steps above. 

Once a FSN is acquired, the property owner or tenant will need to submit a copy of the lease OR the property owner can call the FSA office and add their tenant(s) to their FSN.

Contact the Shelbyville FSA office with any questions about applying for a FSN:

65 Brighton Blvd 
Shelbyville, KY 40065

2. Submit an Ag Water Quality Plan


You can submit your AWQP online:

  1. Go to KY Online Gatewaty

  2. Log in or create an account

  3. Type in EEC eForms (Energy and Environment Cabinet) in the search box, or click on the “E” in the alphabet under the search box.

  4. Click on a blue box within the EEC eForms window in order to enter the site

  5. From the blue bar at the top of the screen select “Forms”

  6. Scroll down until you see the KY Ag Water Quality Planning Tool. Select the blue + to “add form”. 

  7. You can now begin your AWQP.

  8. Once completed download a copy of the Plan Summary to submit with your application. It will be listed as “KyWQP_Printable.pdf” in the Documents section.

The Conservation District is happy to assist you in filling out your plan.

3. Submit your CAIP Application


You can download the application from the blue box towards the top of the screen above. You can submit your completed application electronically.

You can also pick up a hardcopy of the application at our office. If you would like to pick up an application at a time when the office is not staffed, enter the main building doors for 4233 and follow the signs to the Conservation District’s door which holds copies of the application. If you would like to submit a hardcopy you will need to deliver it to the office. Mailed applications will not be accepted.

You will need to include a copy of your photo ID and utility bill with addresses that match the mailing address on the application. 

Tenant Farmers: 

You will need to submit a FSA-578 (from the FSA office) or a redacted copy of your schedule F AND written approval from the landowner giving you permission to use the owners FSN and granting access to the cost-share item (for a minimum of five years for capital improvements). 

Please also fill out the CAIP tenant/owner acknowledgement form and submit it with your application. 

You can email your completed application to or drop it off at our office:

4233 Bardstown Rd. 
Suite 100-A
Louisville, KY 40218